A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Personal Data,” which is personally identifying information that you provide us during the registration or sign-up process, which includes your name and email address, and may also include data such as your date of birth, gender, etc. We also collect personal identifying information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, such as when you order a product or service from us or our partners, and when you otherwise volunteer personal information about yourself, for example, through surveys, contests or promotions, and submitting and/or posting content in discussion forums. When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide additional personal information such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses, and credit card information. We also collect “Anonymous Data,” which is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
Information You Provide to Us
- When you create an Account to log in to our Site, you will provide Personal Data, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, birth date, username, and password.
- Some features of the Services may give you the option to request information, complete surveys or otherwise interact with our partners and us. We may collect information you provide in connection with your profile such as, but not limited to, your likes, dislikes, profession, hobbies, gender, age, and location. Information that you supply in connection with the Services is solely at your discretion. If you do supply Personal Information in response to such requests, we may use it for the purposes stated in that feature of the Services.
- We may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us regarding support for the Services.
Information Collected via Technology
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”) so that we, and third parties authorized by us, can determine how often individuals use parts of the Services, enabling us to analyze and improve them. Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
Our goal in collecting Personal Information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your Personal Information to:
- Help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services;
- Help us improve the content of the Services and create content on the Site that is most relevant to you;
- Customize your subscription;
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer;
- Continue to operate the Services;
- Customize the advertising and content that you receive; and
- Deliver you the best experience possible.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from Third Party companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
Information Collected from Social Networking Sites
Information Collected from Email Communications
As part of the Services, you will also receive emails and other communications from us relating to your Account, your subscription, orders you have placed, etc. We may also occasionally send you marketing emails about the Services that we offer, including new content and product announcements. We will never sell your email address to a third party without your permission. You may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service and to provide you with access to the Services as necessary. You may opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving such emails by clicking on “Unsubscribe” in any email you’ve received from us or by contacting us via email.
Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties to serve advertisements through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies who engage with our user base as well as “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, and research firms.
Targeted advertisements may be served through the Services to users who fit a certain general profile category and may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g. gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services.
To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a web beacon) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your mobile or web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site and its features. We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your purchase history. The Personal Information you provide to us will also be added to our databases and used for future communications regarding new Site content, product and/or service offerings, or other special promotions. By registering with CannonballCollective.com, you are automatically subscribed to our email. If you wish not to receive these emails you may opt out by clicking on “Unsubscribe” in any email received from us, or by contacting us via email.
Public Information about Your Activity on the Services
Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This may include, but is not limited to, content you have posted publicly on the Site or otherwise through the Services.
Please also remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services.
User Profile Information
User profile information including your username and other information you publicly post on the Site may be displayed to other users. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users.
IP Address Information
As stated above, we do not currently store financial information, as our Payment Processor stores that information. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Information You Choose to Share
You may use certain features of the Services to respond to advertisers, request information, purchase products or services, respond to surveys, enter contests, surveys or sweepstakes, or for other purposes. We may use information that you elect to provide for the purposes stated at the time of submission.
Use of Your Personal Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data to:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide the Services you request;
- Provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order status, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- Make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback or to respond to a Customer Service request; and
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, for other marketing purposes of Company, and regarding relevant partner offers.
Creation and Use of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion. We may share this Anonymous Data with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Third Party Service Providers. We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). These tasks may include generally providing you with the Services that we offer you through our Site, as well as providing technical or Customer Service support. We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide the Services to you. For example, we utilize third parties (such as the United States Postal Service) to ship products and ensure delivery. In the example of shippers, we provide them Personal Information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Third Party Data Collection
- Information Disclosed to Ad Networks. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, go to networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Information We Share With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
In order to help support this site, we participate in several affiliate programs, which means that occasionally, when we talk about products (cookware, vinyl records, etc.), we receive a small commission in the event that you buy one of these said products. Your trust is important to us so please know that we never recommend products we don’t like, support, or believe in.
Access to Personal Information
We may permit certain trusted third parties to access your information in connection with their performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; provide Customer Service; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
To provide services you have requested, it may be necessary to provide your personal information to Cannonball Collective merchants and or service providers in order to aid redemption of services requested. Logistics services may utilize supplied information only for completing your delivery.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, membership transfer, or other change in control.
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully required to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or the instructions of legal authorities, to respond to any claims, to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of ourselves, our employees, you, or members of the public.
If you use a bulletin board, comments box, chat room or any other publicly accessible area of the Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in these forums.
We may use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate, so that we can improve the Site and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
Cannonball does not sell, rent, loan or otherwise allow third party access to your information except as set forth above.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the practices we follow reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
The Site uses security measures in order to protect from the loss, misuse and alteration of any information under our control. All orders are transmitted over secure internet connections using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
Your Account Security
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
Updating and Correcting Information
If you are a registered user, you may change your Personally Identifiable Information or email preferences by logging into your account and accessing the “my account” section of the site, sending us an email, or writing to us at 3905 State Street, Suite 7-327, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
Accessing Your Information
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of the Services. You can delete your Account by emailing us. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity you provided us or posted on the Site prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Members who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address shown below.
How to Reach Us
3905 State Street, Suite 7-327
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
©2016 Cannonball LLC. All rights reserved.